Never underestimate the beauty and charm of carefully chosen flowers. Even a single rose added to a place setting can guarantee a bit of magic and romance.
Here are some tips for adding nature’s touch to your special day:
- Make your bouquet the “something blue” with a nosegay of sweet forget-me-nots.
- Explore locally grown flowers by visiting nearby gardens and nurseries.
- Don’t overlook herbs as beautiful partners with your favorite cut flowers.
- Have your attendants carry wreaths of flowers instead of traditional bouquets.
- Savor the simplicity of a garland of greenery tied with colorful ribbon.
- Consider more than just cut flowers for centerpieces, using lovely potted plants instead.
- Planning a church ceremony in December? The church may be decorated for the holidays already, so simply add a few candles.
- Create distinctive bouquets for attendants that reflect the flower symbolic of their birth month.
- Make a large area a cozy setting by bordering it with large ferns or even a decorative screen.
- Have fresh flowers delivered after the wedding to both of your parents’ homes.
- Pansies are a symbolic way to say “thinking of you”.
- Not marrying in a house of worship? Create an alter with fresh flowers atop white linen or damask cloth, or wrap a railing with greenery and ribbon.
- Don’t forget t let your florist know of any specific flowers you don’t like.
- Instead of the traditional mother’s corsage, consider a small floral bouquet held in a Victorian tussy mussy.